Handcrafted Weaponry in our land: knives, swords, rifles, and accessories

Gestart door Camaron'N'IstIgliwa, 02/02/2007 om 13:03:47

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

I propose to gather in this section any information concerning the quality weaponry in our land.

MBTiza

Our ancestors used the tasebghith (they gave their rifles a name according to the bullets you could fire in with reloading).

So a rifle with 7 bullets used was called a Tasebghith (from number 7, sebgha).

We stille have a rifle in our house in my village which my grandfather took after defeat of the spanish army in Arui. He fought there and took 2 extra rifles with him without telling anyone, because everything belonged to the Rifian state of Abdkrim.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Amcum op 02/02/2007 om 13:19:39
Our ancestors used the tasebghith (they gave their rifles a name according to the bullets you could fire in with reloading).

So a rifle with 7 bullets used was called a Tasebghith (from number 7, sebgha).

We stille have a rifle in our house in my village which my grandfather took after defeat of the spanish army in Arui. He fought there and took 2 extra rifles with him without telling anyone, because everything belonged to the Rifian state of Abdkrim.

Salut igma,

Very nice testimony! Once, you should conserve accurate photos of all its characteristics, and - of course - be sure that the rifle cannot go out of the family assets.

Tasebghit: 7 hits rifle. Thanks for the precision, I didn't know. Perhaps we could get a photo from a website?

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

DESCRIPTION: Beautiful, elaborately silver - decorated North African musket with snaphance style lock from the turn of 18/19th century. This type of musket is characteristic for Morocco. George Stone calls it, "Kabyle gun". Antony Tirry describes the musket as, "Taouzilt form of Moroccan Mukahla", of the style indigenous to Ras el Qued in the high valley of the Sous Mountains.

Taghbalut: http://www.collectiblefirearms.com (more photos)

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

DESCRIPTION: North African musket with snaphance style lock from the turn of 18/19th century. This type of musket is characteristic for Morocco. George Stone calls it, "Kabyle gun". Antony Tirry describes the musket as, "Affedali lung gun of Morocco", of the style indigenous to Taroudant, or southwest region of Morocco.

Taghbalut: id.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

DESCRIPTION: North African musket with snaphance style lock from the turn of 18/19th century. This type of musket is characteristic for Morocco. Some authors believe that this type of musket originated in Atlas mountains. George Stone calls it, "Kabyle gun". Antony Tirry describes the musket as, "'Altit' form of Moroccan Mukahla", of the style indigenous to the Little Atlas Mountain Region of southern Morocco.

Taghbalut: ibid.