Hoofdmenu

Vocabulary request

Gestart door Camaron'N'IstIgliwa, 31/01/2007 om 13:40:33

Hadou

Butterfly = afertatu.
in my region we say Fartu. or a-fartu.
Bat = r-wedj-wadh. ( we say R-wadh-wadh). no '' j '' in it.

There is also more insects that have a strange names.
like an insect , colord grey, 1 cm large and has some of 16 feet. I don t know how it called in dutch or in english.
we call it : thaghyutc n jeddi ( my grandfathers female donkey) :D << funny!

Also there is an insect like a combinatin of spider and ant (fr: formis) but it has a gave in the ground and it spit! some watered slum. If it hits you , you get lucky ;D
we call it Qund3a.

Laysa

Citaat van: Hadou op 01/02/2007 om 16:39:41
Butterfly = afertatu.

like an insect , colord grey, 1 cm large and has some of 16 feet. I don t know how it called in dutch or in english.
we call it : thaghyutc n jeddi ( my grandfathers female donkey :D)

and there is also an green insect like (eng: grasshopper , fr:criquets  ) 5 cm large and it flys. It flys like a Helicopter.
We call it : Thamrabet.

Also there is an insect like a combinatin of spider and ant (fr: formis) but it has a gave in the ground and it spit! some watered slum. If it hits you , you get lucky ;D
we call it Qund3a.

I maight found the word for the ladybird!
Maybe we call it : Thimbeccath.
''ka t beccern b al khair'' in arabic written.
But i am not so sure.

Hadou a Thamrabet doesn't fly, if I'm right it is just a grasshopper, and that flying insect you're talking about is called in dutch and english a Libelle. My mom :) told me that a Libelle is called: "mas3oud or benaj" in our region.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Hadou op 01/02/2007 om 16:39:41
Butterfly = afertatu.

we call it : thaghyutc n jeddi ( my grandfathers female donkey :D)

and there is also an green insect like (eng: grasshopper , fr:criquets  ) 5 cm large and it flys. It flys like a Helicopter.
We call it : Thamrabet.

we call it Qund3a.

I maight found the word for the ladybird!
Maybe we call it : Thimbeccath.
''ka t beccern b al khair'' in arabic written.
But i am not so sure.

So it is confirmed, you say "butterfly" whereas we say "bat".

Hadou, I know most of the clasical bugs in my region, later I will make a list and you'll have to give the equivalent. :)

What you call Tamrabet, we call it Tammurghi. :) Tamrabet means that it is communicating with God.

Thanks for the ladybird, Timbecat. (*)

*No worries, I changed the transcription just for me to get used.

MBTiza

So, this is a bug-conversation...

Hadou

Citaat van: Laysa op 01/02/2007 om 17:09:21
Hadou a Thamrabet doesn't fly, if I'm right it is just a grasshopper, and that flying insect you're talking about is called in dutch and english a Libelle. My mom :) told me that a Libelle is called: "mas3oud or benaj" in our region.
Laysa , thamrabet inu ;)
You are right . it is libelle. that flys like a helicopter. last year it was here on some topic. I remember Ameziane mensiond that ''thamrabet''. I must check his history. maybe i can find that word.

and also because we learnd our language verbaly not out of books, there are different namens for the animals, insects, bird, plants etc.

MBTiza

I think that we the aith wayagher have another name for it...

Hadou

Citaat van: Amekras n Deren op 01/02/2007 om 17:10:48
*No worries, I changed the transcription just for me to get used.
no problem! be free and be my gast :)

Hadou

I am sorry people. Mybe i am all wrong :(

I am very confused now :(
Thimbeccat is maybe Libelle.

Damn ... i loose my language .

I must find it out. and do some research about this. Maybe till weekend , i will come back wit a ''report''!

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Hadou op 01/02/2007 om 17:30:18
I am sorry people. Mybe i am all wrong :(

I am very confused now :(
Thimbeccat is maybe Libelle.

Damn ... i loose my language .

I must find it out. and do some research about this. Maybe till weekend , i will come back wit a ''report''!

Hadou, it is wise to take some time, talk with elder people if possible, have some sources from other regions etc.
That way we can find back our words.
:)

Laysa

Citaat van: Hadou op 01/02/2007 om 17:20:30
Laysa , thamrabet inu ;)
You are right . it is libelle. that flys like a helicopter. last year it was here on some topic. I remember Ameziane mensiond that ''thamrabet''. I must check his history. maybe i can find that word.

and also because we learnd our language verbaly not out of books, there are different namens for the animals, insects, bird, plants etc.

Well, Hadou "mas3oud or benaj" inu :) it is really hard to be sure that a word is used exactly the way we think. I'm not always sure either that is why I ask my mom, or some other elder person. Unfortunatly my grandma is in Morocco :( so I can only ask her when I call her. Luckely my brother married a girl from Morocco, so that is my vocabulary most of the time haha.

You are right, there are indeed different names for the fauna. I'm sure you will succeed in finding out what word is used for that insect. Be persistent like an amrabed!

Ow, this just came to mind: am-ra-bed and tam-ra-bed (I know I didn't spell it right but bare with me), I see that the word Ra is in it. Ages ago people used to worship the sungod Ra, and because the word (if I'm right) means worshipper of God is it possible that there might be a connection?

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Hadou op 01/02/2007 om 17:20:30
Citaat van: Laysa op 01/02/2007 om 17:09:21
Laysa , thamrabet inu ;)

Tamrabet=Tammurghi=Grasshopper=Sauterelle ("sauter" means "jump")

If Libelle means Libellule in Fr, then:
Libelle=Tamna (that insect is abundant nearby the boarder vegetation of small lakes. You can even see him flying and procreating...)

Later, when we make a list, we can indicate how to cook them. ;D

Hadou

Last breaking news about insects ;)

Tamrabet = wandelendetak (NL) ( fr = ?)

Mas3oud / benaj. ( fartu n waman)
= Libelle ( NL) , libellule (fr) .
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libellen

Hadou

Laysa ( thamrabet inu) ;)
which is now Mas3oud / Benaj?
wandelendetak or Libelle?

btw: I know the word Abbelai-j for ooievaar(NL) / La cigogne (fr).
( benaj comes close)

But off-course: thamrabet has many meanings.
the major meaning is : the holy woman. who is blessed. like amrabed, the holy man, who is also blessed and took part as a judge or advicer in conflicts between the clans, family's etc.

Hadou

This we call ''Buxess''.
NL = sprinkhaan
Fr = sauteriau

Thmurghi is also sauteriaux, but they fly higher and live in groups. They mostly are in the sahel country's. And from there they attack Tamazgha :(
We use also that word for them in Rifland.

Hadou

This is ''Yazza'' in tarifiet.
in NL = Hommel / wesp.
Fr = boudon.