Hoofdmenu

Vocabulary request

Gestart door Camaron'N'IstIgliwa, 31/01/2007 om 13:40:33

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Afra fellawn,

This topic is aimed to provide anyone who got a question or request for vocabulary, equivalence between Tamazight languages, or is asking for etymology details, with a range of answers and relevant information.

I hope we can make it rich.

My first request for help: for the sake of comparison, I would like to know all the words you use for the ladybird, that widespread tiny insect. Later, I'll unveil the drawn conclusion, if any.

Tanmirt n'n!

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

No idea about the name(s) you  call the ladybird?

MBTiza

Hi agma,

In dutch it's lieveheersbeestje but s'tamazight n rif, me have no clue.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Amcum op 01/02/2007 om 12:55:16
Hi agma,

In dutch it's lieveheersbeestje but s'tamazight n rif, me have no clue.

Afra a igma, thanks for the dutch word, but I'm looking for the various words used in the geographical Rif.
I know its names used in Tacelhiyt in our land and the neighbouring territories.

I'll keep on seeking for the tip on the web, so I could share it then.

MBTiza

Something like 'amdjerwedd'??

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Amcum op 01/02/2007 om 13:09:48
Something like 'amdjerwedd'??

{Amdjerwedd}. I doubt it is the word a igma.

Hadou

Afra fellawen,

In Arif we had a various names of Ladybird.
starting with : Ralla la 3ziza and thaghytc n jida ( grandmothers female donkey ;D) . and some  other words..

But i was searshing  for you , and i found this link: www.amazighweb.com/modules/newbbex/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1267&forum=1&start=20 -

I read some quotes of some members there. And they claim that it could: Aghrar n Maryam. ( fr: l'escargot du Miryam) or (eng:  Meryams snail )
Maryam the mother of Jesus. is mensiond because she was a holy person. the ''coccinelle'' is doped as a holy and mercy insect.

btw: Redjwadh ( R-wedh-wadh in Tafersite region) is a bat . in dutch : vleermuis.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Hadou op 01/02/2007 om 14:33:51
Afra fellawen,

In Arif we had a various names of Ladybird.
starting with : Ralla la 3ziza and thaghytc n jida ( grandmothers female donkey ;D) . and some  other words..

But i was searshing  for you , and i found this link: www.amazighweb.com/modules/newbbex/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1267&forum=1&start=20 -

I read some quotes of some members there. And they claim that it could: Aghrar n Maryam. ( fr: l'escargot du Miryam) or (eng:  Meryams snail )
Maryam the mother of Jesus. is mensiond because she was a holy person. the ''coccinelle'' is doped as a holy and mercy insect.

btw: Redjwadh ( R-wedh-wadh in Tafersite region) is a bat . in dutch : vleermuis.

Afra a Hadou,

Tanmirt attas.

So what is the name you use in the Rif? Taghiyult n'Jdda?
As I had said before I know the words in Tacelhiyt speaking areas.

In mine, and Dades: Aca n'igran
Aca = Aicha

Tafraout: Mriem n'igran
Mriem = Myriam, Mary Da Virgin

Taznaght: Lalla Aziza Taguramt,
which I found the most poeticand the most enigmatic. Because I'm wondering if it's  related with the Saint Lalla Aziza n'Ait Iseksawn.

The tradition among women in the High Atlas is to catch a ladybird, mind a wish for the mariage, and recites something like: "Ladybird, may you bless me and show my way to the mariage".

Hadou

i am sorry. But i forgot the right word for that insect '' ladybird''. I hope someone here on forum knows the right Riffian word for.

Here in the Netherlands , they use the ''onzelieveheersbeestje'' ( Ladybird )as a symbol for ''zinloosgeweld'' = unnecessary violence.

so when you are in the Netherlands and you see a flag or stone with this kind of beatle on it. You must know:  that on that place someone is beated to death.

MBTiza

Citaat van: Hadou op 01/02/2007 om 15:47:16
i

so when you are in the Netherlands and you see a flag or stone with ladybird on it. You must know that on that place someone is beated to death.

We had a Morrocan here who beated a dutchman to death and when the media interviewed his dad, he said, yeah my son is a real man....of course cause he is real man.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

i am sorry. But i forgot the right word for that incect '' ladybird''. I hope someone here on forum knows the right Riffian word for.

Here in the Netherlands , they use the ladybird as a symbol for ''zinloosgeweld'' = unnecessary violence.

so when you are in the Netherlands and you see a flag or stone with ladybird on it. You must know that on that place someone is beated to death.

No worries a igma, that word will soon be known, one day or another.

Thanks for the tip about that nederland-ism, I didn't know about that. It is a good indicator for dodgy places. ;D

Citaat van: Amcum op 01/02/2007 om 15:51:16

he said, yeah my son is a real man...

He should have said "my son is a ladybird". ;D

Hadou

Citaat van: Amcum op 01/02/2007 om 15:51:16
i

We had a Morrocan here who beated a dutchman to death and when the media interviewed his dad, he said, yeah my son is a real man....of course cause he is real man.
hahaha.. maybe his son named as Mimoun ;D
dha mimoun ennes. dha mimoun n babas ;D

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

An old observation to be shared: for bat in my region, we say "afertettu". The same word is understood for the Iqbaylin as "butterfly". So I'm wondering - given that you use Redjwad for bat - if you too mean "butterfly" through "fertettu".

MBTiza

Citaat van: Amekras n Deren op 01/02/2007 om 16:10:39

An old observation to be shared: for bat in my region, we say "afertettu". The same word is understood for the Iqbaylin as "butterfly". So I'm wondering - given that you use Redjwad for bat - if you too mean "butterfly" through "fertettu".

amdjerwedd is indeed the word for bat, for butterfly we use affatu...

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Amcum op 01/02/2007 om 16:13:14
Citaat van: Amekras n Deren op 01/02/2007 om 16:10:39

amdjerwedd is indeed the word for bat, for butterfly we use affatu...

Affatu and afertettu are the same words under different pronunciations.