Wat is dit, volgens jou?

Gestart door Lezer, 19/01/2007 om 15:32:57

`SHADOW`

Antaeus called in tamazight Ã,,anta. we still use this name. if somebody thinks he's all that, we say: he thinks he's Ã,,anta.

The name Tanger comes from Tinghir (during the roman empire Tanger was called Tinghir) which comes from Tingis the wife of Ã,,anta (Antaeus).

this stone on the picture is a menhir. comes from ''mean''=stone, ''hir''=long (standing). men thinks those places with menhirs were used as holy places. those places are a lot in Bretagne (west France), in Ireland, in Corsica (island in the south of France) in Spain, so it is not weired that there are some in north morocco too. i think they have the same meaning as the others.

Lezer

Aanta is iemand ander, het is een arabisch figuur: Antar ibn Chaddad.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: `SHADOW` op 19/01/2007 om 21:51:03
Antaeus called in tamazight Ã,,anta. we still use this name. if somebody thinks he's all that, we say: he thinks he's Ã,,anta.

The name Tanger comes from Tinghir (during the roman empire Tanger was called Tinghir) which comes from Tingis the wife of Ã,,anta (Antaeus).

this stone on the picture is a menhir. comes from ''mean''=stone, ''hir''=long (standing). men thinks those places with menhirs were used as holy places. those places are a lot in Bretagne (west France), in Ireland, in Corsica (island in the south of France) in Spain, so it is not weired that there are some in north morocco too. i think they have the same meaning as the others.

Afra,

That was roughly what I had said in here about the celtic-gaelic megalithic residues.

I'm rather interested in that extract of your statement I bolded above: may you provide me with any resource on the fact that Tanger's former name was Tinghir? I already knew about the link to (the Goddess...somehow) Tingis but I've never been told that Tanger's former name was Tinghir.

If I'm hooked, it's because nearby my area, in the so called "Dadès/Kelaa Mgouna" region, there's a duwar called Tinghir. Besides, some students and other locals have been on strike in the recent days, shouting hostile motto vis-à-vis the official power.

Advanced thanks.

Lezer

There is no link between tinghir and tangier.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: 0x8000ffff op 22/01/2007 om 13:52:09

Afra,

Certes, but that assumption cannot be infirmed so quickly. We need to confront a few argumentations before concluding. That is besides the general method to adopt.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: `SHADOW` op 19/01/2007 om 21:51:03

Afra,

I've been given a new assumption in regards of Tanger's original name and origin; released by M.Chafik. I find it 'endogenic', and quite interesting because it is based on comprehensive tamazight words.

Lezer

Citaat van: Amekras n Deren op 23/01/2007 om 16:23:34
Citaat van: 0x8000ffff op 22/01/2007 om 13:52:09

Afra,

Certes, but that assumption cannot be infirmed so quickly. We need to confront a few argumentations before concluding. That is besides the general method to adopt.
That would be a gigantic time wasting. The only ressemblence between 'tinghir" and ''tangier'' is the t and n.

What did you get concerning a new assumption in your second reply? I'm curious

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: 0x8000ffff op 23/01/2007 om 16:31:24

What did you get concerning a new assumption in your second reply? I'm curious

I'm afraid that would be such a gigantic waste of time for you to read it. Are you sure you got time? ;D (joking)

Lezer

No problem. the longer it is, the more informative it would be!

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

{tanja =  tamazight word [Ta+X] } + {Region formerly inhabitated by the Ghomara, members of the Masmuda confederation} + {popular motto "Tanja l 3alia"}

==========>Tangier's original meaning = the one which "overhangs the rest" ie which is higher than.

Lezer

It is not so clear, but i think i have already read such explanation in tawiza.net.
Thanks though,