Zilver Sieraden met de Ж Symbool

Gestart door mIzran, 20/12/2006 om 16:54:57

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: mIzran op 22/12/2006 om 08:25:47
As you know the word Amazigh means "the free people". The “Z” of the tifinagh alphabet, is our symbol. Ж- If you look at the symbol you can see, that it is like a man. This symbol stands for the free people, our roots and it also represent the whole Amazigh Culture. Also the character Z occurs the most in many Amazigh words.

Afra m'Izran,

Yes, I know most of what you said, and it's true the aza, Ж, is the character which has been interpretated with the most certainty. It can indeed represent a man, but there could be other assumptions to understand its symbolic meaning.
Besides, if it somehow represents "the human being", I think it's more a representation of the male principle, isn't it? Maybe that's what you had exactly meant when saying it represents a "man"?

Laysa

Well first of all I do like the fact that there is an amazigh symbol on the silver jewelry, but as somebody said earlier it isn't authentic and they give it a whole other meaning.

That shouldn't stop people from buying it who want to buy it though. I thought about buying one but I find it rather expensive!

So here' an idea: just buy some silver jewelry for a fair price, then go to a jeweler who can engrave the symbol or letters on it that YOU want. Thus you don't have to pay the idiotic prices like the ones on the website of Good Times ...

MBTiza

Citaat van: Laysa op 22/12/2006 om 12:12:32

That shouldn't stop people from buying it who want to buy it though. I thought about buying one but I find it rather expensive!

I'll buy it for you....you've earned it...because of your effort and commitment to Amazigh.nl in the past year.

Laysa

Citaat van: Amcum op 22/12/2006 om 12:34:27

I'll buy it for you....you've earned it...because of your effort and commitment to Amazigh.nl in the past year.

Hahaha :D, thanks but no thanks! Well it is not only a matter of expensiveness but also a matter of principle! I just don't like the fact that he's giving the symbol a whole other meaning and not mentioning the real original meaning of it. Comercializing the symbol is one thing but misleading information is another.

MBTiza

Citaat van: Laysa op 22/12/2006 om 12:39:50
Citaat van: Amcum op 22/12/2006 om 12:34:27

Hahaha :D, thanks but no thanks! Well it is not only a matter of expensiveness but also a matter of principle! I just don't like the fact that he's giving the symbol a whole other meaning and not mentioning the real original meaning of it. Comercializing the symbol is one thing but misleading information is another.

So you're suggesting to kidnapp that son of a bitch and break every bone in his body because he gives the symbol a whole other meaning instead of the original meaning?

Tsawarred Takhglinzeccth he..;D   Mani tremdadd? Ghi escuela ma....? Ni ghi cousina? Minzi rad dharwa jjiran negh sawarren Takhglinzeccth ghi cousina.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: Aït Deren op 22/12/2006 om 11:51:41
Citaat van: mIzran op 22/12/2006 om 08:25:47
As you know the word Amazigh means "the free people". The “Z” of the tifinagh alphabet, is our symbol. Ж- If you look at the symbol you can see, that it is like a man. This symbol stands for the free people, our roots and it also represent the whole Amazigh Culture. Also the character Z occurs the most in many Amazigh words.

Afra m'Izran,

Yes, I know most of what you said, and it's true the aza, Ж, is the character which has been interpretated with the most certainty. It can indeed represent a man, but there could be other assumptions to understand its symbolic meaning.
Besides, if it somehow represents "the human being", I think it's more a representation of the male principle, isn't it? Maybe that's what you had exactly meant when saying it represents a "man"?

In fact, my main concern is that the aza, Ж, is the kandji character for the "tree". And I - somehow - find that sense much more instinctive than the one stating that it means "man". It's also relevant with the amazigh dedication and relationship with natural elements. Considering also that the character's drawing is explicit enough to see it as a male representation. What do you think about that?

mIzran

Azul Aït Deren,

It’s very interesting what your ideas are, and it’s really enjoying to read your point of views about this subject.
The interpretation of this symbol is for every person differently I think. I don’t think it isn’t a tree, because there is already an other symbol that stands for the tree. It concerns this symbol:

Mohamed Cafik has written some books about Imazighen, and he is internationally known by his large knowledge of the Imazighen. In his books he named “Tmazight” as “The language of the Z”. I am convinced of it, that the Z symbol stood former as a sign for masculinity and also for strength. This was of most used symbols in that time, and this way it has became the symbol - stands now as a sign for Imazighen all over the world. Because say it for yourself Imazighen = Strength!

Bades

ringen zijn wel betaalbaar en leuk...
ik doe het

Samir!

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: mIzran op 04/01/2007 om 15:55:30
Azul Aït Deren,

It’s very interesting what your ideas are, and it’s really enjoying to read your point of views about this subject.
The interpretation of this symbol is for every person differently I think. I don’t think it isn’t a tree, because there is already an other symbol that stands for the tree. It concerns this symbol:

Mohamed Cafik has written some books about Imazighen, and he is internationally known by his large knowledge of the Imazighen. In his books he named “Tmazight” as “The language of the Z”. I am convinced of it, that the Z symbol stood former as a sign for masculinity and also for strength. This was of most used symbols in that time, and this way it has became the symbol - stands now as a sign for Imazighen all over the world. Because say it for yourself Imazighen = Strength!

Afra fellam a mIzran,

I also enjoy your commitment to this symbolic question, and do appreciate the relevant contents of your answer.

I - indeed - didn't know about M.Chafik's view about the original meaning of aza. Graphically speaking, one could immediately recognize the representation of a male, notably due to the downer element. Hence, the conclusion leading to the masculinity and strenghth principles. If validated, don't you think that there should be a representation of the female element too?
Thanks for the picture referring to the tree; in kandji characters (chinese pictograms used by both chinese and japanese), "aza" represents the tree, and double aza means forest, and the character for man has no phallic drawing. But it's true these people have a radically different way of interpretating scripts.

fatine

Citaat van: Tamza op 20/12/2006 om 17:00:07
Ja, ik ken dat merk. Verkopen ze in veel sieradenwinkels. Zitten een paar mooie tussen. Ik vind deze wel mooi:

wta voor merk als ik vragen mag...?
ik ben gek op die amazigh sieraden

Tawayghets

Sowww zitten egt prachige tussen joh!!