Tafassit

Gestart door Lezer, 10/12/2006 om 11:51:59

Lezer

Hoi,
Waar ligt dat "Tafassit" en wat betekent die naam: "Tafassit"?

Alvast bedankt,

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Afra,

I don't know any place named Tafassit, though it's phonetically neighboring Tafersit.

Back to the Tafassit word itself... (if you are looking for its sense as a word from tamazight) ...

In tacelhiyt:

tasga* tafasit = right side
tasga tazlmadt = left side

as:

afassi = right
azlmad = left

Then, if you find a place so called Tafassit, its name shall have a link with the above "lexical field of orientation".

Hadou

Tafersite Is my Birthplace.

Tafersit ( Tafarsite) ligt in de provencie Nador. Tussen Tamsaman, Aith Touzin, Aith ( ben) Tiyeb en Midar.
Zie deze links op dit forum:

dccurath n Tfasith

Geografie Marokko

google-earth

tafersit

Zie ook www.saysay.de

Ighes

Tafassit ligt tussen Ait Tamsaman, Ait Touzin, Ait  Oulichek. Ben taib is geen stam maar een zeer kliene plek waar een paar winkels staan.

Azul

De naam Tafarsit zegt veel over de plek zelf, zoals allenamen in Tmazight zijn genoemd naar de eigenschappen van die plek. Tafasit is een zeer vruchtbaar gebied waar veel bomen staan.

In de naam Tafarsit zit het woord Afar. Afar gebruiken we in Marokko voor bladden, maar in veel landen in Afrika wordt Afar ook voor bomen  gebruikt.

Tafasit betekent plak waar veel bomen of groen is.

Lezer

Bedankt voor julie reacties; Ighes je hebt volgens mij gelijk. Het betekent een groen land of zoiets. Volgens mij is het ook verwant aan het woord "tfaswin"= > lente.

Ik was geinteresseerd in de betekenis van dit woord omdat het verwant zou zijn aan een naam van een Algerijnse stad "Tipasa".

@Ait Deren, I don't think it does mean "right". We say "tayaffust" for right.
We believe that "tafassit" means "green land" of something like that. It is related to the word Berber "tfaswin" which means "Spring".

I was interested in the significance of that word because it would be related to a name of an Algerian city called "Tipasa" or "Tipaza".

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: 0x8000ffff op 11/12/2006 om 16:48:33
Bedankt voor julie reacties; Ighes je hebt volgens mij gelijk. Het betekent een groen land of zoiets. Volgens mij is het ook verwant aan het woord "tfaswin"= > lente.

Ik was geinteresseerd in de betekenis van dit woord omdat het verwant zou zijn aan een naam van een Algerijnse stad "Tipasa".

@Ait Deren, I don't think it does mean "right". We say "tayaffust" for right.
We believe that "tafassit" means "green land" of something like that. It is related to the word Berber "tfaswin" which means "Spring".

I was interested in the significance of that word because it would be related to a name of an Algerian city called "Tipasa" or "Tipaza".

Afra fellawn,

OK, I better understand now: so we see here that tamazight's transcription into latin script isn't so reliable by times.

Tafasit and Tayaffust are exactly derivating from the same word: afasi. (-afus).

You're all right, (it has nothing to do with directions) this word must be linked to the spring season.
And I'm pleased to learn about it.
In tacelhiyt, we say "Tafsut" for "Spring" (season). During the spring time, we say about the weather: I'fessus (or T'fessus) meaning, the weather is soft, pleasant.
0x8000ffff, I know why you're looking for information on Tipaza and linked toponymics. Outthere is said to be the grave or better said the mausolée ("tombeau" is the accurate word) of tarumit, isn't it?
Last time, I saw a stamp featuring this "tombeau". Have you seen it yet?

Lezer

I have never seen it in reality, but thanks to the Internet, i know how it is:

Lezer

-

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Me neither, I meant I had seen the stamp, I've never been to Algeria. But that seems to be an impressive construction.

Lezer

Yet some other Numidian buildings:

I believe the Berbers have left very few nice buildings, both those few ones are exactly impressive.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: 0x8000ffff op 15/12/2006 om 16:15:53
Yet some other Numidian buildings:

I believe the Berbers have left very few nice buildings, both those few ones are exactly impressive.

Yes indeed, they are edifices of higher technology.
There's also one place called alternatively "Sala" or "Chella". It's nearby Salé (Rabat area).

I guess all the conflicts may have affected the monuments through centuries, till the oldest have disappeared. Thzt's why it's difficult to learn immediately through: it requires deep research...

Lezer

-

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: 0x8000ffff op 15/12/2006 om 16:32:54
How about this following image. Do you see it ?:

I don't know why I can't see it but I got the url.

Very nice indeed! I'd like to be able to talk about its architecture roots, but I'm short of knowledge in that field. It seems like the monument has different stairs, till its sharp summit, it isn't of african style, is it?

Lezer

It is a Numidian style with Roman and Greek influence, i think. It is situated in Dougga in Tunesie, it is known as the Libyco-punic mausoleum. 21 meters high, and goes back to the thirth or second century before christus. It was built in honor of a Numidian prince called "Ateban". The name "Libyco-punic" is attribute to the scripts found on the Mausoleum: Tifinagh and punic script.

Camaron'N'IstIgliwa

Citaat van: 0x8000ffff op 15/12/2006 om 16:53:01
It is a Numidian style with Roman and Greek influence, i think. It is situated in Dougga in Tunesie, it is known as the Libyco-punic mausoleum. 21 meters high, and goes back to the thirth or second century before christus. It was built in honor of a Numidian prince called "Ateban". The name "Libyco-punic" is attribute to the scripts found on the Mausoleum: Tifinagh and punic script.

Thanks for informing so quickly: so it's an african edifice afterwards. There are so many topics to dig to understand our CIVILISATION!

(I've found the url about Chella, it's a necropolis:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%A9cropole_de_Chella)

Ar tamnagert yadnin.